POPOL VUH are considered one of the most influential German “70s progressive rock” avant-garde acts of the Seventies and are also known as a a pioneering Band in Ambient and Progressive Rock Music. Their records Affenstunde (1971) and In the Garden of Pharao (1972), played with with the Moog Synthesizer, are claimed to be fundamentally influencing works in Electronica.
In 1975, Fricke and Popol Vuh began a lengthy creative partnership with the most acclaimed German filmmaker Werner Herzog, which yielded to epic soundtracks for feature films including Aguirre- Wrath of God, Fitzcarraldo, Nosferatu, Heart of Glas and Cobra Verde. As a consequence, Popol Vuhs Music got three times nominated for the Oscars.
The name and the book POPOL VUH comes from the mythology of the Inca cultures and is the memory of the history of becoming humanity.
Florian Fricke himself was reluctant to put his music in order. “Music is for me a form of law.”
- 6 LP vinyl box set The Essential Album Collection Vol. 1 contains the classic albums of the pioneers of electronic music
- All albums remastered by the former Popol Vuh member Guido Hieronymus
- Audiophile 180g vinyl pressing
- Original tracklists plus four bonus tracks
- High-quality slipcase with spot varnish
- Original artworks (gatefold)
- Nosferatu poster and two band posters
- 6-page insert with detailed liner notes, photos and discography
Format / Box Set
Released / 05/03/2019
Catalog / BGRT-84631
Barcode / 4050538463194
Artist / Popol Vuh
Label / BMG
Genre / Pop / Rock